Glen Grant 17 Years Old 1995 Dimensions
- ABV: 54.2%
- Age: 17 Years Old
- Bottling: Duncan Taylor, Dimensions, Cask #85116
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Glen Grant distillery
- Vintage: 1995
What they say
This Glen Grant is from another dimension! No, wait, on closer inspection, it’s from the Duncan Taylor Dimensions range, which highlights the vast varieties of whisky they’ve bottled over the years. 226 bottles of this 17 year old single malt were produced.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Beautifully fragrant nose, with gooseberries, apricots, watermelon, a touch of honey and spiced oak.
- Palate: Intense and rounded, notes of rich spices and malt. A little soft fruit, honey and toffee apples.
- Finish: Long and cinnamon-led finish.
What I say
A 1995 vintage 17 year old bottled by Duncan Taylor
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Reflective gold (8/20), slow, medium tears, tapered legs.
- Nose: Fresh, fragrant, apple, pear, orchard fruits, gentle cereal barley, sweet pastries, sharp citrus, lemon, lemon curd, peel, pith, zesty, honey and dry wood and barley flour.
- Taste: Creamy vanilla, rich, thick, sugary, malty barley cereals, sweetened shortcrust pastry, custard danish, apple, pear, banana, melon, kiwi, buttery, oily and thick on the palate.
- Finish: Long, buttery and sweet, orchard fruits and lemon zest.
Surprisingly good, lots of thick vanilla and well developed fruity flavours in here, delicious!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review