Blair Athol 8 Years Old 2009 Fidra (57.7%, Lockett Bros, Sherry Butt, 200 Bottles, 2017)
- ABV: 57.7%
- Age: 8 Years Old
- Bottling: Carn Mor, Lockett Bros
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £60 from Lockett Bros
- Origin: Blair Athol distillery
- Vintage: 2009
What they say
Bottled as part of Locket Bros Cask Strength Island collection. This Blair Athol was distilled in 2009 and matured for 8 years in a single sherry butt before bottling by Carn Mor in 2017 at 57.7% ABV cask strength. 200 bottles available under Lockett Bros label.
What I say
Available as 70, 20 and 5cl versions exclusively from Lockett Bros in North Berwick. This was from a wee 5cl (sub £10) I purchased as I was intrigued to try more from Blair Athol.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Mid gold (7/20), fine tears and thin legs.
- Nose: Fresh lemon citrus, raisin, red fruits, red apple, green & malted barley, fresh and perfumed and a little floral, toffee apples and rosie apple sweeties.
- Taste: Spirity and vaporous, red fruits, raisin, red apple, a hint of blackcurrant cordial, black pepper and peppermint.
- Finish: Medium, sour and acidic with more blackcurrant cordial.
Very young, spirity and hot, definite sherry influence present here (tasted blind to cask type) with dried fruits, blackcurrant and after a while hints of treacle.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review