Jura 13 Years Old 2006 Two-One-Two (47.5%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 47.5%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £88.95 available from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin: Jura distillery
- Vintage: 2006
What they say
The Two-One-Two Limited Edition Series celebrates our small and vibrant community of roughly 212 islanders – and one distillery. This inaugural bottling, the first in a series of annual releases, has been matured in American White Oak ex bourbon barrels, and finished in Chinkapin Oak casks.
Bottled at 47.5%, and at 13 years of age, you will discover a beautiful array of enticing aromas and delightful flavours to be savoured in every single bottle.
Official tasting notes:
- COLOUR Warm honey
- NOSE Lemon cake, cinnamon spice and creamy toffee
- TASTE Poached pear, sherbet and roasted pistachio
What I say
This Jura expression was Dram #3 of 2019 #WhyteChristmas twitter tasting from Whyte & Mackay and hosted by Steve @thewhiskywire
Distilled on Jura in 2006 (with its then 212 human inhabitants and matured for 13 years in ex bourbon barrels and finished in Chinkapin Oak (Quercus muehlenbergii) native to North America.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Full amber gold (10/20),
- Nose: Gnarlier, classic Jura nose-full, sweet lemon drizzle cake, chunky oak wood, yeasty beer, buttery fudge and highland toffee, salted caramel latte coffee
- Taste: Apple, peach and pear pie dusted with cinnamon and served with salted caramel and praline sauce, white pepper spice builds, butterscotch, fudge, highland toffee and milky latte and mocha coffee linger with an after-eight or buttery Murray mint.
- Finish: Long, chocolate, coffee, toffee and mint
Delicious! A great classic Jura expression full of coastal salinity and sweetness and that wonderfully complex toffee/latte coffee mixture and even a complimentary hint of mint present in this.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review