Fercullen 10 Years Old Single Grain (40%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 10 years old
- Bottling: OB, The Powerscourt Distillery
- Category: Irish single grain whiskey
- Cost: €57.50
- Origin: Undeclared distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Carefully selected from rare stocks of aged Irish Whiskey, the Fercullen 10-year-old Single Grain Irish Whiskey has been aged exclusively in white oak for over a decade before being recasked to mature in fresh bourbon barrels. Balanced, with light, sweet, subtle tones, this inspiring Irish whiskey lends character and company to any occasion.
“This is an exceptional 10-year-old Irish whiskey” says Master Distiller Noel Sweeney. “It delivers light, subtle tones that reveal an underlying complexity and smoothness that lends character to any occasion.”
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sweet vanilla, citrus, honey, spice, almonds, candy orange and oak
- Taste: Smooth, sweet, crisp grain with complex combinations of oak, fruit, and sweetness.
- Finish: Silky to start with a long lasting sweet, vanilla oak finish.
What I say
The Fercullen range of whisky is produced by The Powerscourt Distillery. Sourced grain whisky double-matured in ex-American oak / bourbon barrels for a minimum of 10 years.
This post was sponsored by The Powerscourt Distillery by provision of The Fercullen Trilogy Gift Pack.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light champagne gold (4/20), medium-large tears & tapered legs.
- Nose: Vanilla, creamy, a little floral, milled cereal flour, white chocolate, apple pie with cinnamon and cream.
- Taste: Custard cream biscuits, vanilla, biscuit, cereal, apple, lemon juice, buttery hazelnut puree or oil.
- Finish: Medium-short, zesty, lemon and orange oil or zest, candy apples.
Well matured, during sampling I hadn’t even considered this as grain but more a triple-distilled malt, hard to ascribe much spirit character this is mostly cask to my palate but well done nonetheless.
Don’t take my word for it:
Westmeath Whiskey World reviews the Fercullen Range
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply