Fettercairn 12 Years Old (40%, OB, 2019)
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £41.95 from The Whisky Exchange
- Origin: Fettercairn distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Aged 12 years in American White Oak ex-Bourbon casks
Official tasting notes:
- Colour: Sunlight and amber honey
- Taste: Vanilla and pear, with soft spices
- Finish: Refreshing nectarine and tropical fruit, with subtle roasted coffee, clove, and ginger. A memorable finish of sultanas and black toffee
What I say
Sampled during our recent press trip to Fettercairn and again in the goodies we received whilst there. This was from a miniatures 2x5cl pack containing the 12 and 28 year old from the new range.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (10/20), medium, oily tears and legs.
- Nose: Fresh, fruity and green, apple, mango, pineapple, kiwi, melon, rhubarb, leafy, honey, caramel, candyfloss, spun sugar and fairy cakes.
- Taste: Light bodied, honey and light caramel sweetness, fruit cocktail in syrup, woody and herbal, cinnamon and with a leafy green element, vanilla, a touch of mint towards the end.
- Finish: Medium length, sweet and spiced white pepper.
Non-polarising/easy going, a great starter whisky into the Fettercairn range with plenty of their fruity and green spirit character, sweet with hints of spice and vanilla from the casks.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review