Dailuaine 4 Years Old 2012 Strictly Limited (46%, Carn Mor, Bourbon Barrels, 725 Bottles, 2017)
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Dailuaine distillery
- Bottling: Carn Mor, Strictly Limited
- ABV: 46%
- Cost: £33.77
What they say
4 year old single malt from Dailuaine, independently bottled by Càrn Mòr for the Strictly Limited range. This youthful expression was distilled in 2012 and matured in a pair of bourbon barrels until 2017, when it was bottled at 46% ABV. 735 bottles were produced.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Clean vanilla and toasted almond, with a good kick of grist.
- Palate: Spicy at first with pepper and white oak. Soon mellows out, unveiling notes of liquorice and pear.
- Finish: Floral vanilla, dry barley.
What I say
Door #9 of the Drinks by the dram Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar.
Another Dailuaine expression, this time bottled by Carn mor for their Strictly Limited edition range. Distilled in 2012 and matured in ex-bourbon barrels before being bottled at 46% in 2017 aged only 4 full years!
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Manzanilla gold (2/20), medium-large, quick tears leave long medium legs.
- Nose: Fresh, vanilla and lemon/lime juice, cleansing and zesty but also with a good sweetness and backing of some cloying sweet malt and lots of custard and ripe bananas/foam bananas
- Taste: Sweet sugars, a hint of vanilla and apple juice, green and ripe banana, juiced or pulped pears, some custard and a little malt as well as peppery green oak and savory leaf.
- Finish: Medium-long, sour lemon-lime cube and sour apple sweeties some milled barley dust, flour and grist.
Another ex-bourbon Dailuaine expression and this time young enough to reveal much more spirit character. Plenty of sulphur and vanilla combine to bestow a healthy dose of custard, hiding much of the unripe fruity characteristics still present in the spirit.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review