Fettercairn 12 Years Old (40%, OB, 2018)
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Origin: Fettercairn distillery
- Bottling: OB
- ABV: 40%
- Cost: £45
What they say
Aged 12 years in American White Oak ex-Bourbon casks
Official tasting notes:
- Colour: Sunlight and amber honey
- Taste: Vanilla and pear, with soft spices
- Finish: Refreshing nectarine and tropical fruit, with subtle roasted coffee, clove, and ginger. A memorable finish of sultanas and black toffee
What I say
Door #7 of the Drinks by the dram Scotch Whisky Advent Calendar.
Distilled at Fettercairn distillery in the Highlands.
This 12 Years Old represents the entry-level age statement expression of the recently revised Fettercairn range.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amontillado (10/20), medium-large legs, medium tears.
- Nose: Soft toffee or fudge, citrus, clementine and nectarine, vanilla, brioche.
- Taste: Fruity, pineapple, apple, orange, pear, apricot, soft buttery fudge, vanilla, cinnamon spice and cereal malt.
- Finish: Medium, soft, buttery.
Quite light and nondescript.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review