Tullamore D.E.W. 14 Years Old
- Category: Irish single malt whiskey
- Origin: Midleton Distillery
- Bottling: William Grant & Sons
- ABV: 41.3%
- Cost: £52.45
What they say
A 14 year old, triple distilled Irish single malt whiskey from the Tullamore DEW range, which has been finished in bourbon, Port, Madeira and Oloroso Sherry casks
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Zesty citrus, grilled pineapple and slowly building bourbon-y vanilla.
- Palate: Big, creamy malt with loads of vanilla tannins. Ripe, sweet red grapes and a hint of poached apple.
- Finish: Sherried sweetness carries on.
What I say
Sampled during the #TullamoreDEW tweet tasting hosted by Tullamore D.E.W. and @TheWhiskyWire on 7th March 2018.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Sauternes (8/20), medium tears, medium-fine legs
- Nose: Subtle and complex, biscuit malt, buttered oat crumbles, light sherry/leather tannin, raisin, sour cherry and fresh pineapple, fresher and sweeter than previous sample (2016)
- Taste: Buttercream and sherry, creamy malt, fruit scones with clotted cream, more banana and pear esters, whipped cream – man that’s a lot of cream!
- Finish: Drying, oak wood, dried fruit, mango or pineapple pieces
Sweeter, fruitier and creamier than before but still delicious.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit a link to your review