Tullamore D.E.W. 14 Years Old (41.3%, OB, 2018)
- Category: Irish single malt whiskey
- Origin: Midleton Distillery
- Bottling: William Grant & Sons
- ABV: 41.3%
- Cost: £52.45
What they say
A 14 year old, triple distilled Irish single malt whiskey from the Tullamore DEW range, which has been finished in bourbon, Port, Madeira and Oloroso Sherry casks
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Zesty citrus, grilled pineapple and slowly building bourbon-y vanilla.
- Palate: Big, creamy malt with loads of vanilla tannins. Ripe, sweet red grapes and a hint of poached apple.
- Finish: Sherried sweetness carries on.
What I say
Sampled during the #TullamoreDEW tweet tasting hosted by Tullamore D.E.W. and @TheWhiskyWire on 7th March 2018.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Sauternes (8/20), medium tears, medium-fine legs
- Nose: Subtle and complex, biscuit malt, buttered oat crumbles, light sherry/leather tannin, raisin, sour cherry and fresh pineapple, fresher and sweeter than previous sample (2016)
- Taste: Buttercream and sherry, creamy malt, fruit scones with clotted cream, more banana and pear esters, whipped cream – man that’s a lot of cream!
- Finish: Drying, oak wood, dried fruit, mango or pineapple pieces
Sweeter, fruitier and creamier than before but still delicious.
Shop for Tullamore D.E.W. 14 Years Old Single Malt (opens Master of Malt)
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit a link to your review
Categories: Tullamore D.E.W.
Leave a Reply