Strathclyde

 Strathclyde

  • Founded: 1927
  • Status: Operational
  • Region: Glasgow
  • Online: n/a

History Built on the site of an old cotton mill in Glasgow’s Gorbals area by London distiller Seager Evans in 1927 to supply neutral grain spirit for its gins. In 1936, Seager Evans moved into Scotch with the purchase of the Long John brand. In 1957 a single malt distillery Kinclaith was built within the site. This ran from 1957 to 1975 when it was removed to make way for a two-phase expansion of the grain/neutral spirit side of the operation. At the same time, the firm’s blending and warehousing site next door was also demolished. Currently owned and operated by Pernod Ricard under Chivas Brothers.


The Whiskyphiles tasting notes

Official Bottling
Independent Bottling
Douglas Hamilton
Douglas Laing
Scotch Malt Whisky Society
That Boutique-Y Whisky Company