- Founded: 1871
- Status: Active
- Region: Speyside, Scotland.
- Online: https://www.malts.com/en-gb/our-whisky-collection/inchgower/
History The distillery was built in 1871 to replace Tochineal Distillery but liquidated in 1903. Buckie Council purchased the concern in 1936 and ownership was transferred to Arthur Bell & Sons Ltd in 1938 and indeed to this very day the Bell’s logo is used in the advertising of Inchgower. The current operator of Inchgower is Diageo. As of 1966 Inchgower has operated four stills. The distillations of Inchgower contribute a major component of Bell’s blended whisky. The Inchgower is classified as a Lower Speyside Malt and takes its water from a burn rising in the Menduff Hills to the south of Buckie.
The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Inchgower 14 Years Old Flora and Fauna (2013) - Inchgower 14 Years Old Flora and Fauna (43%, OB, 2012) Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Inchgower distillery Bottling: Diageo, OB ABV: 43% Cost: £40 Score 68/100 What they say: The […]
- Inchgower 7 Years Old 2008 Hepburn’s Choice (2017) - Inchgower 7 Years Old 2008 Hepburn’s Choice (46%, Langside Distillers, Sherry HH Finish, 380 Bottles, 2016) Whisky Review Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky Origin: Inchgower Distillery Bottling: Langside; Hepburn’s Choice ABV: 46% Cost: […]
The Whisky Shop
- Inchgower 6 Years Old 2008 Glenkeir Treasures Selection (2015) - Inchgower 6 Years Old 2008 Glenkeir Treasures Selection 40% (The Whisky Shop) Single malt scotch whisky 40% ABV, £35 Score: 78/100 What they say: Whether dispensed from the barrel in one of […]