Glasgow 1770 Small Batch Series Tokaji Cask Finish
1. What they say
A limited edition release of only 210 bottles at 58.1% ABV. Cask no. 18/989 was filled with our unpeated spirit on the 5th of August 2018 into a first fill ex-bourbon cask before being moved into a Hungarian Tokaji sweet white wine hogshead on the 12th of January 2021.
Bottled on the 14th of October 2022, this release showcases our hands-on distillation style balanced with an interesting and rare cask influence. Lovely rich honeycomb and shortbread notes are gained from the bourbon cask with a powerful fruity spice contributed by the Tokaji influence. Exceptional.https://www.glasgowdistillery.com/item/146/Glasgow1770/Glasgow-1770-Tokaji-Cask-Finish.html
2. Official tasting notes
- NOSE Fruity and zesty with notes of orange peel, dried apple and juicy sultanas. Hints of almond, poached pear and custard.
- PALATE Rich honeycomb, shortbread and vanilla give way to notes of fresh mango, pineapple and apricot jam.
- FINISH Warming earthy spice with poached fruits and hints of nutmeg.
- ABV 58.1%
- Age 4 Years Old
- Bottler OB
- Bottling Small Batch Series Tokaji Cask Finish
- Cask Bourbon and Tokaji Finish
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £Sold out
- Origin Glasgow Distillery
- Region Lowland
- Released 2022
4. What I say
Bottled by Glasgow Distillery as part of their 1770 range small batch series. Unpeated spirit matured in ex-Bourbon before a 9 month finishing period in ex-Tokaji cask finish.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Yellow gold (7/20), medium-fine, oily tears and fine legs.
- Nose Sweet and floral, buttery, chalky and fruity; Edinburgh rock, grapes, yeasty, witbier, fruity and fermented notes, quite delicious, brioche with apricot. with water more apples and fresh fruit
- Taste Medium bodied, still fizzy but rounder on the palate, orange peel and zest, digestive biscuits, ginger root, brioche, almonds, melon and white grape,
- Finish Medium, woody and sweet citrus fruits or fruit salad persist.
Glasgow 1770 Tokaji cask finish I’m enjoying this one much more with a healthy sploosh of water which this one takes very well 😉