Slyrs 3 Years Old Batch 3 That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
1. What they say
That Boutique-y Whisky Company is back with another batch of Bavarian single malt from Slyrs! Matured in a cask that was given an intense charring (dubbed ‘crocodile toast’, as it ends up looking like crocodile skin) for three years, this expression boasts some wonderful caramel and brown sugar notes. Plus, the label features Oktoberfest, and an crocodile wearing sunglasses, so frankly, it’s all good stuff here.
Batch 3 is a release of 395 bottles.https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/slyrs-destillerie/slyrs-that-boutiquey-whisky-company-whisky/
2. Official tasting notes
- Nose: Peaches in syrup, vanilla sponge, toasted brown sugar atop flaky pastries.
- Palate: More brown sugar, honey-roasted peanuts, barley sugar and pear drop sweeties.
- Finish: A crackle of white pepper on the finish.
- ABV 52.6%
- Age 3 Years Old
- Bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Bottling Batch #3
- Category German single malt Whisky
- Cost £74.95 from Master of Malt
- Origin Slyrs Distillery
- Outturn 395
- Region Germany
- Released 2022
4. What I say
From That Boutique-Y Whisky Company Norwest Euro Express, this is the 3rd batch bottled from the Slyrs distillery in Bavaria and includes maturation in some alligator charred casks.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Bronze (12/20), medium-fine tears and tapered legs.
- Nose Fruity, some dried fruit nature, jammy berries, dusty red apple, strawberry, marshmallow, stone fruits, vanilla Danish.
- Taste Medium-bodied, woodier and more spiced than the nose, pears, red apples and cherries, tannic oak wood, quite fibrous and woody, dry cinnamon and some woody herbs and spices.
- Finish Long, drying, tannic oak, spiced rye bread.
Quite oaky and tannic a touch like sherry or a good red wine, plenty of woody sugars and quite fragrant too.
7. Score 85/100
Categories: SLYRS, World Whisky
Leave a Reply