Kyrö 4 Years Old Batch 1 That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
1. What they say
That Boutique-y Whisky Company has gone and bottled up a fantastic rye whisky from the fabulous Kyrö. This exceptional Finnish expression is made using 100% malted rye, and was initially aged in a new American oak cask before being reracked into a first-fill bourbon barrel. Spicy, sweet, earthy – everything you want from a rye whisky, and more!
Batch 1 is a release of 385 bottles.https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/kyro-distillery-company/kyro-that-boutiquey-whisky-company-whisky/
2. Official tasting notes
- Nose: Rye bread with butter, flaky pastry, milky coffee.
- Palate: Brown sugar, jammy red berries, baked earth, peppercorn and nutmeg spiciness.
- Finish: The coffee notes return, with a touch of cinnamon.
- ABV 53.1%
- Age 4 Years Old
- Bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Bottling Batch #1
- Category Finnish single malt Whisky
- Cost £59.95 from Master of Malt
- Origin Kyrö Distillery
- Outturn 385
- Region Finland
- Released 2022
4. What I say
From That Boutique-Y Whisky Company Norwest Euro Express. This is the first Boutiquey bottle from Kyrö distillery in Finland. 100% Malted rye distillation matured in virgin American oak and finished in 1st fill ex-Bourbon.
5. The Whiskyphiles tasting notes
- Colour Bright yellow gold (11/20), quick, medium tears and slightly tapered legs.
- Nose Vanilla and juniper wood, woody and a touch smoky and minty, later some barley sugars, cereal, dusty and mineralic, orange blossom honey and saltwater taffy.
- Taste Rich and spicy, ryebread, bubblegum, cinnamon schnapps (Goldschläger), sweet honey, cranberry sauce, toffee, milk chocolate toffee poppets, cappucino coffee, salted liqourice root.
- Finish Long, sweet with herbal and salty edge to it.
A spicy rye expression with some really wild flavours but quite enjoyable once it relaxes in the glass a little.