Miltonduff 25 Years Old 1988 Cask 9954 Celebration of the Cask (Carn Mor)
What they say
Casks! Love a good cask, we do. In fact, you could say we celebrate them, just like Càrn Mòr do with the Celebration of the Cask indie bottling range. This particular bottling from that range is a 25 year old Miltonduff single malt Scotch whisky, matured in a single hogshead cask from October 1988 to October 2014. 144 bottles were produced.https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiskies/miltonduff/miltonduff-25-year-old-1988-cask-9954-celebration-of-the-cask-carn-mor-whisky/
What I say
A 25 year old Miltonduff released by Carn Mor as part of their Celebration of the Cask range. Produced 144 bottles at 50.1% ABV. Nothing more than Hogshead is stated as the cask type so lets celebrate Hogsheads!
- ABV 50.1%
- Age 25 Years Old
- Bottler Carn Mor
- Bottling Celebration of the Cask
- Cask HH 9954
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £141
- Origin Miltonduff Distillery
- Outturn 144 bottles
- Region Speyside
- Released 2014
- Vintage 1988
My tasting notes
- Appearance Sauternes gold (9/20), fine tears and rare, fine legs.
- Nose Sweet, vanilla, fudge, toffee, white pear, grape, melon, apple, dry cereal flour, malted barley, butterscotch and salted caramel.
- Taste Full-bodied, thick, treacle-like on the palate, great body, mixed fruit, apple, mango, ineapple, lemon, quite woody, carpentry shop and wood shavings, dry new oak timber, honey, a touch heathery, nutty salted caramel latte.
- Finish Medium-long, woody, sweet, sawdust and barley flour.
- Overall Oddly salted but good, butterscotch and fruit flavours, plenty of tropicality and a really good body/structure or malty backbone to this one.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review