What they say
Our Sweet Blended malt is packed full of delicious flavour. The nose offers a mix of caramel biscuit, fresh vanilla pods and clean coconut. On the taste you can find almonds, toasted hazelnuts, rich fudge, cinnamon custard and liqueur chocolates. What makes this so unique is our cask selection and type. We use a unique mix of new toasted oak casks, heavy toasted casks with a medium char, and casks that have a heavy char but extra toasting on the cask heads. This allows us to fine-tune and select exactly how sweet we want this whisky to be. Bottled at 46%, unchill filtered and with no added colour, this is the perfect dram to explore just how sweet a whisky can be.https://jgthomson.com/sweet-blended-malt-scotch-whisky/
Official tasting notes
- FLAVOUR PROFILE Sweet
- ON THE NOSE Toasted oak, vanilla pods & coconut
- TO TASTE Almonds, fudge & cinnamon custard
What I say
A Blended Malt whisky from J.G. Thomson labelled Sweet. A blend of Speyside and Highland malts. Produced using a unique mix of new toasted oak casks, heavy toasted casks with a medium char, and casks that have a heavy char but extra toasting on the cask heads.
- ABV 46%
- Age Undisclosed
- Bottler J.G. Thomson
- Bottling Batch 1
- Cask n/a
- Category Blended malt Scotch Whisky
- Cost £42.50 from J.G. Thomson
- Origin undisclosed
- Outturn undisclosed
- Region Scotland
- Released 2021
- Vintage undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Sercial Madeira (9/20)
- Nose A little quiet, delicate, soft fruits and florals, lemon zest, vanilla sponge cake, pineapple tarts, honey, coconut, Nice biscuits.
- Taste Malty sugars, honey, fruit jellies and pastilles, some woody oak becomes sharp and ascerbic, white balsamic vinegar and white pepper join toasted coconut and pineapple juice.
- Finish Medium, sweet honey, slightly drying nutty oak and baking spices.
- Overall A sweet blended malt with plenty of fruit and also quite defined oak cask influence.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review