What they say
We look to set the highest standard when it comes to spirits. Our Bold Jamaican Rum is 100% pot distilled. The classic rum “funk” is the first thing you will notice when pouring a glass. Fermenting bananas, pineapple, fresh sugarcane, dark molasses and woody spices can be discovered. The flavour of pear drops, grated ginger, baked cardamom, cinnamon buns, fresh finger limes, melted brown sugar and spiced dark chocolate burst over your tastebuds. We celebrate classic and bold high esters in this spirit. Matured in ex-bourbon barrels for three years in Jamaica before further maturation in Scotland, we offer the true standard for rum. Bottled at 46%, unchill filtered and with no added colour or sugar, we make this rum sing in as natural a way as possible. Discovery, exploration and adventure are what we hope you will find here.https://jgthomson.com/bold-jamaican-rum/
Official tasting notes
- FLAVOUR PROFILE Bold
- ON THE NOSE Classic rum funk, fermenting bananas & pineapples
- TO TASTE Pear drops, finger limes & melted brown sugar.
What I say
Now this is more like it, back into cask-aged territory here with J.G. Thomson’s first batch of Bold Jamaican Rum.
- ABV 46%
- Age Undisclosed
- Bottler J.G. Thomson
- Bottling Batch 1
- Cask n/a
- Category Jamaican Rum
- Cost £37.50 from J.G. Thomson
- Origin undisclosed
- Outturn undisclosed
- Region Jamaica
- Released 2021
- Vintage undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance Sauternes (8/20)
- Nose Bananas and swimming pools/chlorine, sweet soft brown sugar, chocolate, mint cake and mint Aero’s takes time but lovely eventually
- Taste Banana bread, Jamaican ginger cake, some solventy glue, spicy later, black pepper, toffee and chocolate, quite oily and mouthcoating throughout
- Finish Medium, sweet and spiced.
- Overall Again another very pleasant spirit, perhaps a little affected by the gin sample previously but this gave me a real swimming pool/chlorine vibe on the nose. Other than that slightly off note and some solventy spirit on the palate this is pretty delicious oak aged rum. Plenty of sweet sugars and tropical fruits and some nice chocolate notes from the cask.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review