What they say
Batch 1 is a release of 979 bottles.
Official tasting notes
- Nose: A butterscotch creaminess mixed with licorice and a pinch of ginger.
- Palate: Smooth and creamy with vanilla, plums and cherries initially. Oaky notes with warming ginger and cinnamon spices emerge with time.
- Finish: An oaky finish with more vanilla and ginger too.
What I say
Whitlaw 15 Years Old bottled by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company. Distilled at Highland Park distillery on Orkney which sits in front of the Whitlaw hills – hence the use of the name in Independent bottlings. So a 15 year old HP from TBWC, this should be good!
- ABV 49.7%
- Age 15 Years Old
- Bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Bottling Batch 1
- Cask Undisclosed (Bourbon?)
- Category Single malt whisky
- Cost £100
- Origin Highland Park Distillery
- Outturn 979
- Region islands
- Released 2021
- Vintage undisclosed
My tasting notes
- Appearance White wine gold (4/20), large, loose tears and thick legs.
- Nose Gentle sweetness, some vanilla hints and dried apple, floral heather and gorse, citric lemon peel, candied, a touch of ginger, sharp pear and white balsamic.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, oily but quite light flavoured on the palate, dried apple, vanilla, woody oak bordering on cardboard, touch heather honey and very soft smoke, refill bourbon cask?
- Finish Long, nice floral and fruit sweetness accentuated by heathery peat smoke and salt.
- Overall Yum, classic HP, very light initially. This one is all about the subtleties, wisps of heathery smoke and a sprinkle of smoked sea salt crystals!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review