Dalmore Cigar Malt Reserve
What they say
The perfect accompaniment to the finest cigars, this single malt is matured in American white oak ex-bourbon casks , Matusalem oloroso sherry casks and Cabernet Sauvignon barriques.
The body, structure and character of this extraordinary expression is the perfect complement to a fine cigar. – Richard Paterson (Master Distiller)
Official tasting notes
- Aroma Cinnamon, vanilla and red fruits
- Palate Tropical fruits, banana toffee and vanilla ice cream
- Finish Orange zest, dark chocolate and crushed spices
What I say
Sampled during the #DalmoreWhisky Tweet Tasting hosted by Steve @thewhiskywire.
- ABV 44%
- Age NAS
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Cigar Malt Reserve
- Cask Bourbon, Sherry and Wine
- Category Highland single malt whisky
- Cost £80
- Origin Dalmore Distillery
- Outturn undisclosed
- Region Highland
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes
- Appearance Golden brown (12/20), texture like sun (I mean medium-fine tears and legs.)
- Nose Toffee, leather, nutty and softly fruity, red berries, baking spices, cinnamon, raisin, black forest gateaux, tobacco leaf and oak wood.
- Taste Medium-bodied, leads with fruits and spices, toffee, malty, cinnamon, slightly drier spice, dates, figs, orange peel, chocolate, cloves, vanilla pods, toasted almonds, red grape and tannic/winey wood and some spiced black peppercorns.
- Finish Long, slightly sweet and drying, woody oak.
- Overall Quite drying and spiced with a rich fruit backing and some malty spirit backbone too. Busy cask influences but generates a wonderful complexity and structure.
Available from Master of Malt & The Whisky Exchange
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply