Glen Grant 10 Years Old
What they say
The only Scotch whisky in the world to be voted best 10 years & under for a record seven times.
Official tasting notes
- COLOUR Rich golden barley
- AROMA Medium/dry, orchard fruits
- TASTE Orchard fruit with malt notes
- FINISH Long and complex
What I say
Ok to make up for the last reviews Obsolescence, here is the current 10 Year old expression also from Glen Grant, widely available at £30. Again much like the NAS ‘The Major’s Reserve’ this has also been fully matured in ex-Bourbon casks.
- ABV 40%
- Age 10 Years Old
- Bottler Glen Grant
- Bottling Official
- Cask Bourbon casks
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost £30
- Origin Glen Grant Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Speyside
- Released n/a
- Vintage n/a
My tasting notes
- Appearance Dark yellow /amber gold (9/20), numerous, quick, medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose More cereal notes present immediately, malted barley, summer meadow florality, sweet, apples, apple pie, baked apple and poached pear, vanilla, touch nutty, woody oak and herbal.
- Taste Rounder and richer plus more than a touch spicier than the NAS expression, cinnamon and apple pie, more wood and cereal ‘husk’, nutmeg, nutty hazelnut, apple and vanilla Danish pastries.
- Finish Medium-long, oak wood, spiced apple pie and lemon meringue pie.
- Overall Again light, fresh and zesty with a touch of florality, this aged expression seems much more mealy with cereal and husk notes, another very well presented single malt from Glen Grant.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review