Tormore 23 Years Old 1990 Dimensions Cask 1588 (Duncan Taylor)
What they say
To show off the vast, varied dimensions of their whisky stable, the Duncan Taylor Dimensions range includes well-aged expressions from many top distilleries. This 23 year old single cask Tormore, which has been bottled at cask strength, is a fine addition to the selection. Only 167 bottles were produced.
What I say
The final in our trio of aged malts from distilleries beginning with ‘T’ (probably for tenuous as I had no other excuse for linking these three together!). This expression was distilled in January 1990 at the beautiful Tormore distillery in Speyside. It was bottled at cask strength by Duncan Taylor as part of their Dimensions range in November 2013 aged 23 Years Old. This cask produced 167 bottles at 55.3% ABV.
- ABV 55.3%
- Age 23 Years Old
- Bottler Duncan Taylor
- Bottling Dimensions
- Cask 1588
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £150
- Origin Tormore distillery
- Outturn 167 bottles
- Region Speyside
- Released 2013
- Vintage 1990
My tasting notes
- Appearance Rose gold (11/20), quick, medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose Sweeter, fragrant and floral, apples, fresh orchard fruits, pear, honey, summer meadows, barley flour, cereal, grassy, hay, touch of menthol and aniseed herbality.
- Taste Medium-bodied, sweet, syrup and honey, mealy biscuit, oat crimbles, porridge, apple, pear, vanilla, softer leathery notes, dried fruits, raisin, nut, milk chocolate, cherry cough drops and cola bottle sweeties.
- Finish Long, drying then mouth-watering, sweet and spice, 5 spice and liqourice.
- Overall Mostly spirit driven but later I though I was picking up some sherry influences like chocolate and toffee then questioned if this was just prolonged ex-Bourbon cask influence? Either way fragrant on the nose and very tasty on the palate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply