Bruichladdich Feis Ile 2021 Masterclass 6
What they say
6) Bruichladdich X3 Triple Distilled 2005, 69.3% abv, 1st fill bourbon
This Bruichladdich unpeated spirit has been distilled three times. While commonplace in Ireland, this practice is a rarity in Scotland. Many whisky connoisseurs will understand that triple distillation often produces a more refined but less robust spirit type. Bruichladdich contradicts this expectation with an incredibly high filling-strength into casks. This is Bruichladdich supercharged spirit, from our first foray into triple distillation.
These individual component parts are no longer for sale, but their spirit is included in our Laddie Origins recipe, which is now online via ballot process on our festival hub at community.bruichladdichdistillery.com/register
What I say
Celebrating Bruichladdich day on 31st may during Feis Ile 2021 with a Masterclass from Head Distiller Adam Hannett. Sample #6 represents the first triple distillation at Bruichladdich distillery.
- ABV 69.3%
- Age 15 Years Old
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Single Cask
- Cask Bourbon
- Category Single Malt Whisky
- Cost n/a
- Origin Bruichladdich Distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Islay
- Released Feis Ile 2021
- Vintage 2005
My tasting notes:
- Appearance White Burgundy (5/20), fine tears and thin legs.
- Nose Caramel, toffee, vanilla, coffee, chocolate, coconut, heather honey, floral, porridge oats, cereal barley and oak wood.
- Taste Warming and remarkably smooth, barley-rich, malt extract, toffee, caramel, mocha coffee, milk chocolate, Caramac, some mint , peppermint, touch spirity, banana, banoffee pie, bananas mashed in muskovado sugar, Madeira cake.
- Finish Medium, long, sweet, fruity and earthy wood notes persist.
- Overall Having been filled into the cask at 84%+ ABV this has had much more of a cask/cask char extract effect rather than mellowing/maturation. That said this whisky is still remarkably smooth at 69.3% ABV!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review