Domfrontais 12 Years Old Calvados
What they say:
This Calvados from the Pacory distillers was aged for 12 years before it was bottled, resulting in a flavour profile which is well balanced between expressive fruit and bold, oak-y spice.
What I say
A 12 year old Calvados Domfrontais from Domaine du Pacory near Mantilly.
- ABV 41%
- Age 12 Years Old
- Bottler Pacory
- Bottling Official
- Cask French Oak
- Category Calvados Domfrontais
- Cost £50
- Origin Domaine de Pacory
- Outturn n/a
- Region Calvados Domfrontais
- Released n/a
- Vintage n/a
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Rose gold (11/20), quick, medium tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose Apple, fruity, pear, sweet, estery, hint of wood smoke, furniture polish, almond, marzipan, butter-reduced apples, rose, lychee and caramel.
- Taste Medium-bodied, touch spirity initially, apple, rhubarb & custard, caramelised apple & pear, some gentle orange zest, wood tannins and gentle spices, caramelised ginger root, creamy vanilla custard.
- Finish Long, zesty, woody spice and fresh apple, vaporous.
- Overall A well aged Clavados with plenty of wood influence but kept fresh with a touch of zest and plenty of fruit, smooth and creamy on the palate.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review