Lindores Abbey 2 Years Old 2018 Cask 29
What they say:
Cask Type: ex peated Islay Cask.
What I say
Sampled during the #LindoresAbbey Tweet tasting with Steve @TheWhiskyWire. A selection of maturing cask samples were drawn from the warehouse and were tasted blind. This sample was matured in a specially selected cask previously used to mature peated Islay whisky
- ABV 62.3%
- Age 2 Years Old
- Bottler Lindores Abbey
- Bottling Cask No 95
- Cask ex-Islay cask
- Category Single Malt Spirit
- Cost n/a
- Origin Lindores Abbey distillery
- Outturn n/a
- Region Lowland
- Released 2021
- Vintage 2018
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Manzanilla (2/20) large, oily tears and thick legs.
- Nose Peated eucalyptus and menthol, weird pineapple and lime backnote, Edinburgh rock, mineralic and fruity, lemon sherbet, smoked haddock/kippers.
- Taste Odd lime zest and peat, cereal and chewy caramel emerge too plenty of spice, white pepper, peppermint, mentholic, eucalyptus, floral gorse, cleansing in a medicinal/dentistry sense
- Finish Long, ozone, seashells, coastal and medicinal peat.
- Overall A hint of Lindores Abbey florality peeks through here but most of this spirit reveals cask-led flavours, coastal, lime and peat perhaps even a Kildalton malt was previously in this cask?
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt