Bowmore 31 Years Old Timeless Series
What they say
Exclusive to Global Travel Retail Bowmore 31-year-old will also be introduced to the Bowmore Timeless Series. Nurtured in ex-Bourbon casks, selected at their peak, for 29 years before two years in Spanish Oak Matusalem Sherry seasoned butts to ‘finish’ and enhance the flavours; defined by floral notes, with honey and vanilla sweetness and a touch of peppermint.
To celebrate the launch of the Timeless Series, Bowmore has collaborated with independent French film director and artist, Thomas Vanz, to pay homage to the artistic craft of creating its iconic whiskies. Through the medium of film and artwork, Vanz has illustrated the power of time as expressed in the evolution of whisky. Conveying the unfolding moments of cosmic beauty in the creation of Bowmore®’s Timeless single malt whisky; an abstract yet captivating interpretation.
Commenting on the collaboration, Thomas Vanz said: “The artistry involved in the whisky making process is fascinating and provided me with rich and vivid inspiration to create my own unique interpretation. Through my work, I focused on capturing a galaxy of beautiful chemical reactions to represent the whisky-making process, which is made up of complex movement and colours. This is my interpretation of the Bowmore® universe, from where it begins to the final character. To collaborate with a single malt with such a remarkable legacy and from an awe-inspiring place is a first for me and I relished the opportunity to explore Bowmore® in my own way.”
On The Eye: Auburn
Breathe In: Floral notes of summer blossom and fruits hold on the nose combining with sweet almonds and vanilla. As time goes on, notes of acacia honey, freshly cut grass and a touch of peppermint appear.
Sip: The taste is also floral and delicate with sweet notes of magnolia blossom, lilac and creamy cookie dough. Bowmore’s subtle smoke and salted seaweed shine through as time passes.
Savour: The finish is sweet and subtle with a warming mouthfeel. Notes of acacia honey and mint linger on the palate.
What I say
Our final and oldest Bowmore from the #BowmoreTimeless Tweet tasting was this Travel Retail Exclusive 31 Year Old matured in ex-Bourbon casks for 29 years then finished for 2 years in Spanish Oak Matusalem Sherry seasoned butts
- ABV 45.4%
- Age 31 Years Old
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Timeless Series
- Cask Matusalem Sherry finished
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £1725
- Origin Bowmore distillery
- Outturn 3000 bottles
- Region Islay
- Released 2021
- Vintage 1988
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Dark Amber gold (11/20), quick medium-large tears leave long, fine legs.
- Nose Woody, white oak, vanilla, wood/pencil shavings, wisp of smoke and sea spray, coconut, milk chocolate, pineapple fritters, tropical fruits, mango, guava, durian, banana, mineralic.
- Taste Milk and fruit smoothie, bubble tea, mango, sweet vanilla custard/creme anglais, smooth, rosewater, tropical, pineapple, guava, passion fruit, peach, nectarine, vanilla, cream, soft sugary vanilla fudge, shortbread biscuity malt, sugared almonds and a wisp of dry peat smoke
- Finish Long, vaporous, sweet and vanillic.
- Overall A delicious fruity old bourbon matured Bowmore, smoke is almost non-existant here which is a little reminiscent of old-style peat-smoked (non Islay) whisky. My favourite of the tasting.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review