Bowmore 27 Years Old Timeless Series
Bowmore® Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky is pleased to unveil Bowmore 27-year-old. The new addition joins its older age range of whiskies as part of the Bowmore® Timeless Series; a masterpiece beautifully crafted and shaped by time.
For over 240 years, Bowmore has captured the essence of Islay from the shores of its remote island home – harnessing the power of centuries of skill and tradition in every single drop. Combining patience and dedication with an unwavering attention to detail, the Bowmore Timeless series is a celebration of this legacy – embodying the sophisticated balance of smoke, exotic fruit and sea salt for which Bowmore Islay single malt scotch whisky is celebrated.
With 3,000 bottles available, Bowmore 27-year-old has been matured in Sherry and ex-Bourbon casks for 15 years before being carefully moved into first-fill Oloroso butts for a further 12 and is bottled at cask strength. With the distinctive Bowmore character, this single malt offers up fruity flavour, combined with rich Sherry and a nod to fresh leather, tobacco and beeswax.
The exquisite expression is housed in a distinctive black box alongside an hourglass which when turned provides drinkers with three precious minutes to enjoy the nose of the beautifully balanced single malt that has taken years to perfect. Only after this time has passed can drinkers enjoy their first sip.
Ron Welsh, Master Blender at Bowmore, said: “With Bowmore Timeless Series, the key is the careful selection of the right casks, at the right time. This enables us to determine when the spirit has reached its peak, or if it should be left longer to develop its character further. This careful balance is vital to ensuring we allow the character of our whiskies to be optimised and can therefore, promise exceptional flavour delivery.”
Explore the world of Bowmore®; become immersed in the Timeless Series and truly connect with artist Thomas Vanz by visiting http://bowmore.com/Timeless
What I say
Tasted as part of the #BowmoreTimeless Tweet tasting, following the core range of 12, 15 and 18 year olds onto the Release expression from the Timeless Series, a 27 year old heavily sherry-matured Bowmore.
- ABV 52.7%
- Age 27 Years Old
- Bottler Official
- Bottling Timeless Series
- Cask Sherry
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £1500
- Origin Bowmore distillery
- Outturn 3000 bottles
- Region Islay
- Released 2021
- Vintage Undeclared
My Tasting notes:
- Colour Dark ruby bronze (17/20), rounded, medium tears and long fine legs.
- Nose More salt than smoke, sea spray, a cedar & mahogany wood chest full of tropical fruit, mango, pineapple, tannic wood, balsamic, strawberry, antique shop, tobacco leaf, dunnage warehouse, old wood shavings, parma violets, dried fruits, putty/linseed oil, plum sauce.
- Taste Full bodied, woody, black forest gateaux, kirsch, blackberry syrup, dried fruit, raisin, plum, molasses, subtle smoke – both heathery and medicinal in equal measure, walnut, brazil nut, chewy tannic oak wood, parma violets, floral and sweet.
- Finish Long, soft smoke, minerallic, flint, Edinburgh Rock.
- Overall A superb old Bowmore expression, still softly smoky but full of tannic sherry wood influences, dried fruits and nuts and some minerality too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt