Mortlach 19 Years Old The Un-Chillfiltered Collection Casks 185 & 187
What they say
Matured in two hogsheads, this Mortlach was distilled in July 1996 and bottled in March 2016 by Signatory.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Good body with floral notes, damson jam and sugared almonds.
- Palate: Pear skin, meaty malt and fragrant honey.
- Finish: Creamy apple.
What I say
Starting our Mortlach marathon with a pair of 19 year old UCF from Signatory. The second is from a pair of Hogsheads 185 & 187.
- ABV 46%
- Age 19 Years Old
- Bottler Signatory
- Bottling The Un-Chillfiltered Collection
- Cask Hogsheads
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £60
- Origin Mortlach distillery
- Outturn ?
- Region Speyside
- Released 2016
- Vintage 1996
My tasting notes:
- Appearance White wine gold (4/20), large tears and thick legs.
- Nose Greener, vegetal, melon, white grape, woody, pencil shavings, grassy, honey, sugary, gingerbread, green apple, floral, malty, pear skin.
- Taste Medium-full bodied, spicier, muted green fruits, white grape, melon, green apple, kiwi, sugary and malty.
- Finish Long, spirity, spiced woody oak and pear.
- Overall This Mortlach reveals much more naked spirit even after 19 years, indicative of very underactive refill casks, still great quality spirit.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review