Glenlossie-Glenlivet 21 Years Old 1993 56.1% Cadenhead Small Batch
What they say
Independently bottled single malt Scotch whisky from the Glenlossie distillery, presented as part of the WM Cadenhead Small Batch range. You don’t often hear much about Glenlossie, so it’s always a bit of a treat when their whisky is released as indie bottlings like this. After spending 21 years maturing (from 1993 to 2015), this was bottled at 56.1% ABV, with 492 bottles produced.
Official tasting notes:
- Lots of fruit and malt to this one. Think green apples and blood orange and you’ll be on the right track. After a while it starts to develop herbaceous hints and a little waft of crushed walnuts appears.
What I say
The second of a pair of Independently bottled 1993 Glenlossie’s. This one is from Wm Cadenhead and was bottled after 21 years in ex-Bourbon Hogsheads at 56.1% ABV.
- ABV 56.1%
- Age 21 Years Old
- Bottler Cadenhead
- Bottling Small Batch
- Cask Bourbon Hogsheads
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £95
- Origin Glenlossie distillery
- Outturn 492 Bottles
- Region Speyside
- Released 2015
- Vintage 1993
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Dark amber gold (11/20), tapered, medium-fine tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose Polished wood, furniture polish initially, fruity, apple, pear, red berry fruits, rose petals, Turkish delight, marshmallows, vanilla, strawberries and cream, nutty, marzipan, hazelnut, figs, linseed oil/putty.
- Taste At odds with itself on the palate, soft marshmallows but also metallic and funky, acidic redcurrant, quite warm, raspberry, rhubarb, marzipan, woody oak, linseed oil, pencil shavings, cigar boxes.
- Finish Long, creamy, fruity, rhubarb and custard, some naked grassy spirit.
- Overall Unusual I think the colour and some of the flavours here had me guessing incorrectly that there was some sherry influence present? Plenty of woody oak and spirit character but not-integrated these elements appear separately.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Glenlossie, Speyside
Leave a Reply