Ben Nevis 22 Years Old Batch 7
What they say:
Ben Nevis 22 Years Old TBWC Batch 7 is a single malt from the Ben Nevis distillery, bottled by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, known for their exceptional whiskies and exceptionally eccentric labels. Batch 7 matured for 22 years and was bottled in 2018 at 48.8%. The guy on the label is sitting at the top of the Ben Nevis mountain, looking at the Ben Nevis distillery and drinking Ben Nevis whisky. Wait, that’s this exact bottle. If you look closely, you can even see the guy on the label sitting at the top of the Ben Nevis mountain, looking at the- well, you know the story. Did we mention what distillery this whisky comes from? It’s Ben Nevis. Only 399 bottles of Ben Nevis 22 Years Old TBWC Batch 7 were released.
What I say
Another Ben Nevis from Boutique-Y, this time aged for 22 years and I suspect from at least 3 ex-Bourbon barrels perhaps achieving just shy of 400 50cl bottles at outturn. Bottled at batch strength of 48.8% ABV.
- ABV 48.8%
- Age 22 Years Old
- Bottler That Boutique-Y Whisky Company
- Bottling Batch 7
- Cask Unknown
- Category Single malt scotch whisky
- Cost £140
- Origin Ben Nevis distillery
- Outturn 399 Bottles
- Region Highland
- Released 2018
- Vintage Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance Amontillado (7/20), medium-fine tears taper to fine legs.
- Nose Sweet, vanillic, green, cucumber, melon, grape, biscuity barley malt, dusty/musty, old pencil shavings, coconut, lychee, nutty hazelnut and citrus grapefruit.
- Taste Full-bodied, creamy then gently fruity on the palate, pear, apple, pineapple, grape, melon, some woody spices, white pepper, cinnamon, nutmeg, hazelnut puree, marzipan and almond milk.
- Finish Long, spiced and a touch drying with ginger and vanilla.
- Overall Another super Ben Nevis bottling by Boutique-Y, not too much Nevis Funk in here but just enough to confirm its origin. Plenty of refill ex-bourbon notes though and generous fruits too.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt