Ledaig 12 Years Old Batch 18 (50.3%, That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, 360 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 50.3%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, batch 18
- Category: Island single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £59.95
- Origin: Tobermory Distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
All the way from the Isle of Mull comes a 12 year old Ledaig single malt, produced by the Tobermory Distillery and independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! The chap on the label seems pretty determined to prove something. He’s also got a very cool hat, which we’re all very jealous of. We’d love hats like that.
Batch 18 is a release of 360 bottles.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Smoky peanut shells, gingerbread and Sesame Snaps.
Palate: Earthy peat with some flaky sea salt hints, plus chocolate raisins and farmhouse butter.
Finish: Salinity lingers, juxtaposed by dried fruit sweetness.
What I say
Another 12 year old distilled at Tobermory but this time from peated malt so producing Ledaig spirit and bottled as Batch 18 by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Amber gold (8/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Earthy, peanut, peat, sweet BBQ, satay sauce, metallic, brown sugars, malty, molasses, bbq sauce, bacon frazzles.
- Taste: Sweet and peaty, peanut, satay, crystalline brown sugar, gingernut biscuits, chocolate with smoked sea salt, dried fruit, raisin.
- Finish: Long, smoked sea salt, fig and raisin.
A superb Ledaig expression full of peat smoke, salty coastal influence and sherried/dried fruits.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt