Bowmore 18 Years Old
What they say
Cosseted away in the finest, hand-selected oak casks and allowed to mature at its own sedate pace, this is one of the most remarkable, perfectly balanced single malt scotch whiskies of its kind. One of our rarest whiskies, bottles of Bowmore 18 Year Old may be limited, but there’s no end to its enjoyment.
Official tasting notes:
On The Eye: Mellow mahogany
Breathe In: Creamy caramel toffee, with ripe fruit and smoke aromas
Sip: Incredibly complex, with beautiful soft fruit and chocolate balanced with a light smokiness
Savour: The long and wonderfully balanced finish
What I say
Tasted as part of the #BowmoreTimeless Tweet tasting, next up we have the 18 years Old expression, one I remember being pleasantly surprised with whilst sipping it at the bar in Bowmore distillery, a place I’d love to return to someday soon!
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 18 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £73.95
- Origin: Bowmore distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Old Sauternes (11/20), medium-large, rounded tears and medium-fine legs.
- Nose: Smoked coastal and leathery, tropical fruits, turfy peat, grassy, orange oil, dark chocolate orange.
- Taste: Smooth, dark chocolate, good black coffee, maple and pecan slice, nom nom nom
- Finish: Long, drying, salty leather, salted roasted nuts
- Overall: Rich and smooth like good dark chocolate, subtle peaty and coastal elements mix with plenty of wood influence here.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review