Bowmore 12 Years Old
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Islay single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £34.95 from Master of Malt
- Origin: Bowmore distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Reflecting the essence of Bowmore – thrashing waves, windswept landscapes and generations of tradition – our 12 years old is both complex and perfectly balanced. Subtle lemon and sweet heather honey complement Bowmore’s trademark peat smoke, leading to a delicious, long and mellow finish.
Official tasting notes:
On The Eye: Warm amber
Breathe In: Subtle lemon and honey, balanced beautifully by Bowmore’s trademark peaty smokiness
Sip: Warm and delicious on the palate with subtle dark chocolate flavours
Savour: Trademark gentle peat smoke, leading to a delicious, long and mellow finish
What I say
Bowmore’s introductory age-statement at 12 Years Old, embodies the core flavours of honeyed fruit, soft peat smoke and salty coastal nature.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (10/20), medium-large, oily tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet and peaty, smoked, smoky sweet shop, coastal, seashore, shellfish, malty, oaky, fruity, apple medley, apricot, grapefruit, sweet lemon
- Taste: Full bodied, rich, thick, oily palate, creamy texture, gentle smoke, creamy malt, vanilla, rich apple, pear, becomes more neutral and oaked, crisp smoked bacon.
- Finish: long, effervescent, slightly prickly wood and peat, caramel and heather honey
Lovely, gently smoky and coastal elements with lots of honeyed soft fruits too, the perfect introduction to Bowmore’s core range.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review