Dalmunach 4 Years Old 2015 The Distillery Reserve Collection
- ABV: 59%
- Age: 4 Years old
- Bottling: OB, The Distillery Reserve Collection, 1st Fill Barrel #242140
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £85
- Origin: Dalmunach distillery
- Vintage: 2015
What they say
Distilled at Dalmunach distillery 27th August 2015 and matured for 4 years in first fill barrel #242140 before bottling on 5th August 2020 as part of the Distillery Reserve Collection. Produced 324 bottles at 59% ABV.
What I say
My first Dalmunach and an official bottling by Chivas Brothers too, this is the second official release following the 2014 vintage in the same range.
This post was sponsored by Chivas Brothers by provision of a sample of this product. Thanks also to the Glenlivet Distillery & manifest PR for providing a sample.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: White wine gold (6/20), medium-large tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Sweet, white pepper, vanilla, cinnamon. white peach skin, apple, a touch of white balsamic vinegar and plenty of woody pencil shavings.
- Taste: Light-medium bodied, spirity and vaporous, biscuit, malt, metallic copper, vanilla, custard cream biscuits, peach yoghurt, melon and white grape.
- Finish: Medium-short, sweet and solventy.
Still young but eminently drinkable this has a lovely peach yoghurt fruity and creamy nature, surprisingly little ‘new make’ evidence and not overly oaked, though perhaps shows it a little in fresh oak/pencil shavings, gentle biscuity cereals too shows great promise.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Leave a Reply