Filey Bay Flagship
- ABV: 46%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: English single malt whisky
- Cost: £55
- Origin: Spirit of Yorkshire distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Filey Bay Flagship is the true taste of our distillery character.
Light, fruity and creamy, our Flagship single malt is made with 100% homegrown barley and is the culmination of our bourbon matured style following on from our First and Second Releases launched in 2019. It is now beautifully rounded and will be forming the cornerstone to our upcoming core range.
Our ethos is all about respecting tradition but doing things our own way – the style, taste and creation of Flagship truly brings this to life.
Showcasing our house style, whether you have an experienced palate that will notice the complex and nuanced flavours, or you’re just discovering single malt, our Flagship whisky, we believe, really is a whisky for everyone.
We’ll be growing, distilling and maturing it for as long as you want to enjoy it!
What I say
Sampled during the #FileyBayWhisky tweet tasting hosted by Steve @thewhiskywire and Spirit of Yorkshire distillery. Flagship is their entry level single malt whisky
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Champagne Gold (3/20), medium, oily tears and legs.
- Nose: Farmhouse butter and Murray mints, light and fragrant, vanilla, some citrus lemon and lime, pencil shavings, citrus zest/pith, caramel apple granny with honey and custard.
- Taste: Light bodied, fresh and zesty, apple, pear, peach, cinnamon and white pepper, hints of buttery oil and some fresh leafy green herbs
- Finish: Medium, peppery oak wood, vanilla, a little vaporous.
A nice introduction to the Filey Bay house style, plenty of fruity spirit and a hint of youth in the woody notes present, thankfully not too over-cask-engineered which seems all the rage with most new distilleries. A promising start!
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: World Whisky