Four Roses Small Batch Bourbon
- ABV: 45%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey
- Cost: £29.95
- Origin: Four Roses Distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
If you’ve ever wanted proof that mingling Bourbons is an art unto itself, you’ll find it in this perfectly balanced, Small Batch Bourbon. Four original Bourbon recipes have been expertly selected by our Master Distiller at the peak of maturation to create this very mellow and perfectly balanced Bourbon. You can enjoy it best straight up, on the rocks, or simply with a splash of your favorite mixer. 90 proof. 45% alcohol/volume.
Official tasting notes:
NOSE Mellow spice, rich fruit, hints of sweet oak and caramel.
PALATE Mellow, ripened red berries, dried spice, well-balanced, rich.
FINISH Soft, smooth and pleasantly long.
What I say
Another small batch Bourbon expression, this time from Four Roses distillery produced by blending four Bourbons made from different recipes together. Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark orange gold (12/20), loose, medium tears and strong legs.
- Nose: Caramel, vanilla and honey, dry oak wood, some cinnamon spice, dry grassy hay, a touch floral.
- Taste: Spiced and gently sweet, honey and caramel, cinnamon spice, toasted oak wood, pencil shavings, toffee, vanilla fudge.
- Finish: Medium-short, sweet and spiced, woody oak.
Perhaps a little too woody for me with a hint of dry pencil shavings, otherwise a good balance of sweet and spice.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review