Eagle Rare 10 Years Old (45%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 45%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey
- Cost: £32.45
- Origin: Buffalo Trace distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Eagle Rare Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whiskey is masterfully crafted and carefully aged for no less than ten years. The rareness of this great breed of bourbon is evident in its complex aroma, as well as the smooth and lingering taste. Eagle Rare is a bourbon that lives up to its name with its lofty, distinctive taste experience.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Complex aromas of toffee, hints of orange peel, herbs, honey, leather and oak.
Taste: Bold, dry, oaky flavors with notes of candied almonds and very rich cocoa.
Finish: Dry and lingering.
What I say
A revisit to one of my favourite regular drinker Bourbons, Eagle Rare 10 year old from Buffalo Trace distillery. Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20), medium-fine tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, woody, polished oak, estery, banana and floral sweetness, caramel and honey, soft leather (bound books), a touch bitter reminded me of the orange peel in a Manhattan.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, smooth and light on the palate, softly sweet and fruity, banana milkshake, vanilla, touch bitter, orange peel and zest, woody oak, wood polish and honey.
- Finish: Medium, sweet, zesty orange and bitter oak wood.
‘Manhattan’ like orange and bitter oak and plenty of woody brown sugar sweetness, oak and honey.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: America, Eagle Rare
1 reply »