- ABV: 40%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Tennessee Whiskey
- Cost: £29.95
- Origin: Jack Daniels distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Inspired by the original gentleman distiller and our founder, Gentleman Jack undergoes a second charcoal mellowing to achieve exceptional smoothness. Its balanced flavor is perfect for celebrating life’s extraordinary occasions, plus all the moments along the way.
Official tasting notes:
BALANCED OAK FLAVOR WITH NOTES OF CARAMEL & VANILLA
What I say
A revisit to Gentleman Jack, I remember being slightly more impressed with this expression than the classic Old No.7 the last time I tried it.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Caramel gold (12/20), quick, large tears and thick legs.
- Nose: Slightly acetone and estery, wood polish, caramel, vanilla, honey sweet, aniseed balls and oak wood.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, silky, caramel, honey, vanilla, banana, star anise, liqourice and a touch of peppery oak wood.
- Finish: Medium-long, polished wood, quite estery.
A rather polished expression and quite sweet and estery with plenty of banana, a nice touch of liqourice and aniseed adds some depth to the flavour
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review