Tennessee Rye Whisky 4 Year Old Batch 3
- ABV: 45%
- Age: 4 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-y Rye Company
- Category: Tennessee Rye Whiskey
- Cost: £38.95
- Origin: Undisclosed distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
A terrific Tennessee rye whisky here, independently bottled by That Boutique-y Rye Company for its Rye Series, matured for 4 years before being bottled up at 45% ABV. The distillery it comes from can’t be disclosed, but we reckon you might be able to find a hint or two from the label. And maybe a pun, if you’re very into zombie TV shows and whisky production methods.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Juicy melon and papaya, with balancing hints of dusty oak and flint.
Palate: A slow build of cooking spices and rich caramel, joined by apricot and quince.
Finish: Woody spices and a touch of cask char.
What I say
A 4 year old Rye Whiskey from Tennessee, bottled by Boutique-y Whisky. Others have made much better guesses at where this comes from due to hints from the label. My American whiskey knowledge extends as far as assuming the image relates to the Lincoln County Process of charcoal filtering.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20), medium tears and long, medium legs.
- Nose: Woody oak, coffee, spiced, sweet fruits, mango.
- Taste: Light-medium bodied, oily, creamy toffee, caramel, dry cinnamon powder, ginger, vanilla, oak wood, pepper and some minty dark chocolate.
- Finish: Short and sweet, slightly drying with spices; cinnamon and mint and a little honey.
Quite light on the nose with a little more punch and plenty of spices on the palate, overall quite pleasant.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review