Whistlepig 10 Years Old Straight Rye
- ABV: 50%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Straight Rye Whiskey
- Cost: £69.80
- Origin: Undisclosed
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The spirit of revolution.
Ingenuity, innovation and a fearless pursuit of flavor led us to the discovery of an aged Rye Whiskey stock in the Great White North. We rescued it from a hapless fate, aging it anew in virgin American Oak, before hand-bottling it on its own, in all its glory. Perhaps there was a stroke of good luck in the mix. But you know what they say about who fortune favors. And our whiskey is nothing if not bold. We offer you the most award-winning whiskey in the world, the one that started it all.
Official tasting notes:
NOSE Allspice, orange peel, anise, oak, char and caramel
PALATE Sweet; hints of caramel and vanilla, followed by ryespice and mint
FINISH Long finish; warm butterscotch and caramel.
What I say
Sampled as part of the Master of Malt American and Bourbon Whiskey Advent Calendar 2020. Hailing from Whistlepig in Vermont this 10 year old 100% Rye whiskey was sourced from Canada and re-racked into virgin American White Oak for further maturation in Vermont before bottling at 50% ABV.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20), medium tears and strong legs.
- Nose: Sweet, sappy and zesty, peppermint, clove oil, orange and lemon zest, cinnamon spice, herbal thyme, butterscotch and vanilla cream.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, spiced and sweet, honey and butterscotch, peppery, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, mace, kola kubes sweeties, vanilla and sherbet.
- Finish: Long, vaporous, sweet and spicy with honey and nutmeg.
A heady spiced and sweet rye with some lovely butterscotch undertones.
Don’t take my word for it:
Westmeath Whiskey World reviews Whistlepig 10 year old rye
Bloggers submit link to your review
1 reply »