Bushmills 10 Years Old
- ABV: 40%
- Age: 10 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Single Malt Irish Whiskey
- Cost: £29.95
- Origin: Bushmills distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Bushmills 10 year old single malt whiskey is triple distilled from 100% malted barley and matured for at least 10 years in sherry and bourbon seasoned barrels, which give it a honey, vanilla and milk chocolate flavours. This is a personal favourite of Master Blender Helen Mulholland and is best served neat or over ice. We call it the perfect “summertime whiskey,” when poured over two ice cubes.
Official tasting notes:
Bushmills 10 year old single malt is a very elegant style of Irish whiskey that leaves you with an exceptionally smooth finish. Triple distilled from 100% malted barley, it has the distinctive Bushmills’ light fruity aroma that travels over the lip of your tumbler to deliver 10 years of maturation mostly in bourbon seasoned barrels.
What I say
Sampled during the press launch of Bushmills 2001 Feuillette Cask as part of their Causeway Collection. Bushmills 10 was a reminder of the youngest core single malt expression from Bushmills.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Chardonnay (6/20), medium tears and legs.
- Nose: Sweet honey, vanilla, biscuity malt, fruity apple and pear/orchard fruits, floral.
- Taste: Spiced, warming and also sweet, medium-light body, continues as the nose with honeyed orchard fruits; apple & pear, vanilla and a touch of milk chocolate.
- Finish: Long, drying, honey, apple and gentle baking spices such as cinnamon and nutmeg.
A nice, rounded and fruity expression at the core of Bushmills range.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review