Mannochmore 13 Years Old 2007 Carn Mor Strictly Limited
- ABV: 47.5%
- Age: 13 Years Old
- Bottling: Carn Mor, Strictly Limited
- Category: Speyside single malt Scotch whisky
- Cost: £55.95
- Origin: Mannochmore distillery
- Vintage: 2007
What they say
This fruity Speysider was distilled at Mannochmore in 2007, before it was filled into hogsheads which previously held Pedro Ximénez sherry. After 13 years (superstitions, be gone!) Càrn Mòr bottled the single malt in 2020 for the Strictly Limited series, with 1,551 bottles released at 47.5% ABV.
Official tasting notes:
Luxurious and oily with notes of rum-soaked raisins, prunes and treacle.
What I say
Celebrating Carn Mor’s relaunched range as parent Co. changes from Morrison & Mackay to Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers. The owners and operators of Aberargie distillery have revamped the three Carn Mor ranges; Strictly Limited, Celebration of the Cask and Family Reserve.
This post was sponsored by Morrison Scotch Whisky Distillers by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Golden ruby (14/20), medium tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Sweet jellied fruits, sweetie shop, dried fruits, prunes, raisins, pear drops, nutty walnut, maple & pecan pie, candied nuts, touch of polished walnut wood shop counter too.
- Taste: Oily, medium-full bodied, toffee, caramel, sugared almonds, milk chocolate coated raisins, cherry drops, rosey apples, pear drops and redcurrant jelly.
- Finish: Medium-long, strawberry marshmallows and rum & raisin ice-cream.
A delicious sweetie shop dram thanks to the PX maturation, absolutely delightful.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review