Glencadam 15 Years Old (46%, OB, 2020)
- ABV: 46%
- Age: 15 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £57.95
- Origin: Glencadam distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
Glencadam Distillery opened in 1825, and since then little has changed to our award-winning whisky. The entire Glencadam range is bottled at 46%, is unchillfiltered and is natural in colour.
Multi-award winning Glencadam Highland Single Scotch Malt Whisky Aged 15 Years is a fine example of centuries of craftsmanship and tradition. “The rather dignified” malt with a beautifully mouth-watering, juicy flavour.
Official tasting notes:
Nose: Salty notes with a balance of sweetness. Delicate, elegant and charming
Palate: Juicy cut-grass freshness with a mouth-watering malty signature. Restrained sweetness caressed by soft oak
Finish: Medium length. Oak balancing sweeter characteristics with malty reprise
Colour: Pale gold
What I say
Dram #2 from Water of Life Society Tasting 103 Scotch Whisky Regions. I guess i was thrown by the light nature of this one and opted for Speyside. Unfortunately I was very wrong!
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: (4/20), medium tears and medium legs.
- Nose: Sweet, fruity, slightly floral, coconut, vanilla, green apple, pear skin, some citrus and oak wood.
- Taste: Mixed fruit and gentle cereals, biscuity with red berries/summer fruits, apple and pear.
- Finish: Medium long, slightly drying with more oak wood influence present.
Another quite light dram, of similar strength and also ex-Bourbon cask matured. remarkably the 5 years difference between this and the last were really not apparent.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review