Mackmyra 5 Years Old Batch 2
- ABV: 50.3%
- Age: 5 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 2
- Category: Swedish whisky
- Cost: £67.95
- Origin: Mackmyra distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Regard, intrepid explorer, you have come across the second batch of Swedish single malt from the Mackmyra Distillery independently bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company! It’s a 5 year old expression, and the label once again gives us just the slightest of glimpses into Mackmyra’s cask warehouse, surrounded by a grove of cloudberries. If only we knew elvish, we might be able to say the secret password… “Talk, buddy, and get in here”, or something like that…
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Caramelised nuts, soft sawdust, lemon meringue.
- Palate: Zesty raspberry and ripe cherry, balanced by waves of creamy vanilla and a little buttered corn.
- Finish: Popcorn, peppercorn and some lingering juicy summer berries.
What I say
Another first Indie bottling for me, this time from Mackmyra distillery in Sweden. Vatted from a bunch of first fill ex-Bourbon cask matured Mackmyra whisky.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Pale white wine gold (5/20), quick, large tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Floral, apple blossom, malted barley, cereal, oat flapjacks, dusty oakiness, sawdust, a little flour too, green and ripe bananas.
- Taste: Banana milkshake, oak, vanilla, green banana, pulped apple/apple must, sweet and soft on the palate and medium-bodied, deliciously floral and fruity, Parma violets feature later.
- Finish: Medium long, grapefruit zest, foam banana and parma violet sweeties.
Deliciously floral and fruity, I love Makmyra’s quirky nature and this has it in droves despite the simple cask maturation.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review