The Whiskymaker’s Editions Colheita
- ABV: 52%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB, 5400 bottles
- Category: English single malt whisky
- Cost: £65.00
- Origin: The Lakes Distillery
- Vintage: undeclared
What they say
What I say
A diversion from the recent Whiskymakers Reserve series, here Dhavall has been playing around with different cask maturations and flavour profiles. This Colheita edition features the use of ex-Tawny Port casks plus a little Bourbon cask matured spirit.
This post was sponsored by The Lakes Distillery by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Light ruby red (14/20), quick, medium tears and long beaded legs.
- Nose: Heady, dried and red fruits, cherry lips sweeties, still quite woody and oaky, plum sauce, floral, rose and rosehip syrup, rich toffee, woody star anise, allspice and red liqourice.
- Taste: Rich mouthfeel, medium-full bodied, chewy cinnamon sticks, woody spice, savoury plum sauce, cherry, strawberry, hint of black pepper spice , woody rosemary and clove, some malty barley, thinned molasses, cherry cough drops.
- Finish: Medium-long, drying and spice, more medicated cherry cough drops, sticky and sweet.
Very drinkable, a good intensity of aromas and flavours. This reminds me a lot of a good oaky and fruity red wine, perhaps the most easily approachable/drinkable expression so far from the Lakes Distillery.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review