Ben Nevis 21 Years Old Batch 8 (48.9%, TBWC, 931 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 48.9%
- Age: 21 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 8, 931 Bottles
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £147.95
- Origin: Ben Nevis distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
21 year old single malt from the Ben Nevis distillery, from the foothills of the mountain which shares its name. This expression was bottled by That Boutique-y Whisky Company, and the label shows off a stunning view of said distillery from said mountain, as well as a chap drinking a bottle of this very whisky. It’s all a bit meta.
Batch 8 is a release of 931 bottles.
What I say
Another well-aged Ben Nevis from That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 8 and bottled at 21 years old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark amber gold (11/20) quick, large tears resolve to fine legs.
- Nose: Full and rounded, chewy barley and dried fruits, apple peel, cherry, raisin, fig, fudge, caramel sauce, nutty, polished apple wood, aniseed balls and shellac note.
- Taste: Neutral on the palate, polished wood, gentle baking spices, waxed apples, kirsch/cherry, bitter dark chocolate, light coffee grounds/latte coffee, milky/creamy, earthy vanilla pods and touch of sharp metallic.
- Finish: Long, sour apple/cherry, woody, spirity and spicy.
Odd, fruity and metallic, earthy, nothing in any one direction but clearly unbalanced, but I still quite like it.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
1 reply »