Dailuaine 12 Years Old 2008 PX Finish (56.7%, LOTG, HH #300741, 270 Bottles, 2020)
- ABV: 56.7%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: Lady of the Glen, First fill PX HH #300741, 270 bottles
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £90
- Origin: Dailuaine distillery
- Vintage: 2008
What they say
Founded in 1852, the Dailuaine Distillery has an illustrious Speyside history; producing a full-bodied, fruity distillate with hints of smoke and spice. Our release was matured in an ex-Bourbon cask, with a final finish in a Pedro Ximenez Sherry Hogshead for over 18 months. Distilled on the 24th of January 2008 and bottled at cask strength on the 29th of May 2020; we are very proud of this complex, burnt-orange hued dram.
Official tasting notes:
- On the Nose Full and intense with notes of strawberries and cream, pork pies and new oak furniture.
- On the Palate Creamy and luscious with notes of candied fruits and chocolate raisins soaked in sherry.
- Finish long and lingering sweetness with a sugar-coated pecan nut character.
What I say
Distilled at Dailuaine in 2008 this spent around 10 years in ex-bourbon before nearly 2 years in an ex-Pedro Ximenez sherry cask.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Chardonnay gold (6/20), large tears, thick legs.
- Nose: Chocolate, walnut, sherry, raisin, egg custard tarts, tiramisu, maple & pecan pie.
- Taste: More tiramisu, plus some extra black cherries, black forest gateaux, malty, thick, raisin, full-bodied, cherry sherbet, some cheroot cigars and tannic wood, toasted pecan nut/brazil nut, a little fibrous.
- Finish: Long, coffee, chocolate, honey, some dark fruits, raisin,
Thick and dark dram, full of coffee cake, tiramisu and black forest gateaux. That heavy and touch sulphury Dailuaine character here adds meat to the fibrous nutty and ground coffee nature. Again a perfect balance is struck between weighty PX influence and spirit nature.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt