Knockando 12 Years Old 2004
- ABV: 43%
- Age: 12 Years Old
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £discontinued
- Origin: Knockando distillery
- Vintage: 2004
What they say
It’s the 2004 vintage 12 year old expression from the Knockando distillery in Speyside. These expressions from Knockando are reliably tasty, affordable whiskies.
MoM tasting notes:
- Nose: Green apples, crusty bread, hay and beeswax.
- Palate: Pecans with a dusting of cinnamon and brown sugar. Caramel and wheat crackers.
- Finish: Black pepper and Sesame Snaps.
What I say
Distilled at Knockando distillery during the 2004 season and bottled at 12 years old.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Sauternes (8/20), medium tears, slightly better defined legs.
- Nose: Strudel, apple & raisin, cinnamon, caramel sauce, highland toffee, butterscotch, cereal, honey, flapjacks.
- Taste: Medium bodied, creamy palate, creamy highland toffee, more sherried and or toasted oak than 2003 vintage, buttery, orchard and dried fruits, ripe bananas, dried mango, vanilla custard.
- Finish: Medium-long, honeyed, zesty fruits, leathery and succulent tannins.
Wow, quite different from the 2003 vintage, juicier and more sherried and much less drying/oaky and spiced.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review