Eden Mill 2019 Release
- ABV: 46.5%
- Age: NAS
- Bottling: OB
- Category: Lowland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £79
- Origin: Eden Mill distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
The Eden Mill 2019 Release Single Malt is a limited release of 3,000 70cl bottles.
For our 2019 Release, we have collaborated with local Fife artist Hilke MacIntyre to create the art piece for the single malt presentation box, which depicts the famous landmarks of our home, St Andrews.
Eden Mill Head Distiller, Scott Ferguson has incorporated a selection of oloroso hogsheads, pedro ximenez hogsheads, american bourbon barrels, with a cask of chocolate malt spirit and crystal malt spirit to craft our latest Single Malt.
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Sherry forward flavours. Reminiscent of cherry sweetness with notes of vanilla fudge, with hints of spiciness throughout. Light hint of spice.
- Taste: Balance of sweet, spice and light notes of toasted fruits. Remains sweet and fruity, with hints of cocoa and caramelised biscuits beneath. Malty-sweet towards the end.
- Finish: Biscuit sweetness and sherry flavours fade to a spicy peppery character, which in turn develops with an aromatic cassia spice.
What I say
The 2019 Release from Eden Mill distillery, while I have had a few occasions to sample from their Hip Flask Series range I decided to leave it to this 2019 edition release to firmly capture some tasting notes for my inaugural Eden Mill tasting note. This was from a 20cl bottling priced at £25 which indicates it was from a limited run of 4000 bottles.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Rose gold (9/20), slow, medium tears, long, strong legs.
- Nose: Sweet, chocolate, quite rich/full on the nose, sherry, winey, chocolate-covered raisins, coffee, creme caramel sauce and creme brulee topping, molasses, woody with black cherries.
- Taste: Medium-bodied, oddly rich on the palate, toasted barley, chocolate, latte coffee, toffee, some muted spices and slightly spirity nature, cinnamon danish/rolls, cocoa powder.
- Finish: Dry/powdery/gritty, cocoa dusted almonds, raisins and truffles, some reflux.
Quite unusual and I’m left wondering if this is the effect of the usage of Crystal and Chocolate malted barley for some part of the distillations in this mixture. Very chocolatey with plenty of cocoa powder, raisin, black cherry fruit flavours and very creamy toffee texture.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review