Tomatin 11 Years Old Batch 4
- ABV: 51%
- Age: 11 Years Old
- Bottling: That Boutique-Y Whisky Company, Batch 4
- Category: Highland single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £?
- Origin: Tomatin distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
We’ve bottled a Tomatin single malt! We bet you won’t ever be able to figure out the reason behind what we’ve put on the label, which looks a bit like what you might see on a tin of tomatoes! Yes, the connection is so tenuous you’ll never guess why the Tomatin label looks sort of like a tinned tomatoes label.
What I say
An independently bottled Tomatin expression. Matured for 11 years by That Boutique-Y Whisky Company and bottled at 51% ABV.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: 18ct gold (9/20), fine tears and strong, fine legs.
- Nose: Fresh and zesty, fruity apples and hazelnut, cereal barley, biscuits and pastries – all sweet, vanilla, heathery honey, more fresh red apple, pear, touch sweet & sticky florality, rose Turkish delight.
- Taste: Much more neutral than the sweetness on the nose, woody and nutty on the palate, fruitiness emerges with tutti frutti bubblegum, cherryade, red bush tea, red apple peels and barley sugars.
- Finish: Medium-long, sours, woody oak, herbal, apple, sorrel.
A rather soft, sugary and fruity expression, for me a great example of the delicacy of Tomatin’s superb spirit nature.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt