Tormore 23 Years Old 1995 (50.8%, The Single Cask, Sherry HH #20095A, 102 Bottles, 2019)
- ABV: 50.8%
- Age: 23 Years Old
- Bottling: The Single Cask
- Category: Speyside single malt scotch whisky
- Cost: £129 available from The Single Cask
- Origin: Tormore distillery
- Vintage: 1995
What they say
- Distillery: Tormore
- Region: Speyside, Scotland
- Age: 23 years old
- Year distilled: 1995
- ABV: cask strength of 50.8%
- Cask ref: 20095A
- Cask type: sherry hogshead
- Bottle size: 700ml
Official tasting notes:
- Nose: Oak and malt followed by fresh fruit.
- Palate: Black pepper, beeswax, and malt, alongside honey, melon and apricot.
- Finish: Dry with oak, blackberries, apricot and raisins.
What I say
Distilled at Tormore in 1995 and matured for 23 years in a sherry hogshead before bottling at 50.8% ABV, producing 102 bottles at outturn.
This post was sponsored by The Single Cask by provision of a sample of this product.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance: Dark orange gold (13/20), medium-large tears and long, fine legs.
- Nose: Fruity, orange, peach, apricot, leather, soft ginger cake, candied peel, oak wood, honeycomb and beeswax, malty, more tropical fruits.
- Taste: Medium-light bodied, creamy highland toffee, orange, mango, pineapple, melon, guava, leather, tobacco leaf, black pepper.
- Finish: Long, juicy fruits and oak.
A fantastic combination of juicy tropical fruits, drying tannic leather and soft, gentle, ginger cake spice, superb.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review
Categories: Single malt