Foursquare Hereditas 14 Years Old
- ABV: 56%
- Age: 14 Years Old
- Bottling: The Whisky Exchange
- Category: Single traditional blended rum
- Cost: £sold out
- Origin: Foursquare rum distillery
- Vintage: Undeclared
What they say
Hereditas is a fruity, rich 14-year-old rum from Foursquare distillery in Barbados, bottled exclusively for The Whisky Exchange. Matured in a combination of bourbon and sherry casks, this is a bold tropical rum with notes of raisins, banoffee and stewed berries throughout the palate.
Official tasting notes:
- NOSE: Rich, dark and meaty. Singed cinder toffee, charred fruit cake and banana bread. The banana notes continue into roasted banana and lead to banoffee. Plump vine fruit develops: squishy raisins, currants and dark, red-grape skin. Rich fruit cake dusted with brown sugar hides at the back.
- PALATE: The weighty character continues into the palate, with more sweet dried fruit: the raisins and sultanas are back, with rich, grown-up fruit cake in support, packed with dark and treacly molasses sweetness. The darker notes continue, with liquorice and stewed berries joining the treacle. Right at the back of the palate is a balancing touch of barrel-char bitterness, with pan-roasted aromatic spices – star anise, cinnamon sticks and a couple of cloves.
- FINISH: Fruity dark chocolate leads to liquorice and blackcurrant sweets. The sweetness fades to reveal damp earth and tingling spice.
What I say
Distilled at Foursquare distillery in Barbados, this traditional rum has been matured in ex-sherry casks for a minimum of 14 years before bottling exclusively for The Whisky Exchange. Produced 2520 bottles at 56% ABV.
My tasting notes:
- Appearance:Dark treacle brown (16/20), numerous beaded medium-fine tears and legs.
- Nose: Acetone sweet, fixative, polished wood, banana estery, toffee, caramel, nut, mahogany wood.
- Taste: Thick and oily, chewy fruits, toffee, caramel, brazil nut brittle and toffee ice cream, vanilla, cinnamon, with water more vanilla and milk chocolate.
- Finish: Medium, sweet, warming, spiced and nutty.
A sweet easy drinking rum that takes water well.
Don’t take my word for it:
Bloggers submit link to your review